These mini turkey sausage frittata muffins are a perfect solution for breakfast on the go!
I’m a total breakfast person and these egg muffins are an easy solution for a quick weekday breakfast on the go! Eggs are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast; a little bacon with them doesn’t hurt either, though I try to refrain from indulging too frequently!
I have either eggs or yogurt and granola for breakfast pretty much every weekday, so I have to come up with ways to make it a little interesting. These muffins were one of my solutions; sort of like a mini frittata but easier to make, and to transport when necessary. While the turkey sausage might not quite be the same bacon, it does give these muffins a great flavor and some extra protein too, while keeping me on track in the healthier eating area.
I tried to keep these simple with just a few ingredients, however feel free to add other veggies as you like, or even make them meatless. Enjoy!!
Turkey Sausage & Mushroom Egg Muffins
Yield 4 muffins
These tasty & healthy egg muffins are a great option for breakfast on the go!
- 2 oz ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp non-fat milk
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat 4 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray, making sure each cup is thoroughly coated.
- In a small sauté pan cook the sausage over medium-high heat until crumbled and cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Return the pan to the heat; add olive oil and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms for 1-2 minutes until slightly tender. Add mushrooms to sausage.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, milk and ground pepper together.
- Divide sausage mixture among the four muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and mushrooms. You may have a little left over depending on the exact size of your muffin cups.
- Divide cheese evenly among the muffin cups, sprinkling over the top of each.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until muffin is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Muffins will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two.