Take your weekday breakfast to the next level with this protein-packed Peach Smoothie Bowl!
I think I may have found my new go-to breakfast! Have you noticed the smoothie bowl trend that’s super popular right now? Well, I decided it was time to give it a try. I’m trying to get in shape for summer, and frankly just improve my eating habits, so healthier eating has been on my mind. I’ve always been a fan of yogurt and granola for breakfast, and I’ve been drinking more protein smoothies too, though mostly as snacks.
Somehow a regular smoothie has never really left me feeling quite satisfied when it comes to breakfast. I like something a little crunchy for breakfast. When I started seeing smoothie bowls all over the place I thought “that could work” – boy, it sure does work! What a perfect option for a quick, healthy and super tasty breakfast!
Why a bowl instead of a tradition smoothie? Well, for starters it’s something different! And you know we all like to try something different. Also, putting it in a bowl lets you make the smoothie a little thicker, and then top it with all kinds of tasty, crunchy things too!!
These are super quick and easy to make. If you have a single serving blender and are only going to make one, it should work for this. Just make sure the motor is strong enough to grind up the frozen fruit.
So, get your morning started off right with a full serving of fruit and some protein in this tasty smoothie bowl!
notes from the kitchen
- You can make this thicker by adding a little less milk, or a little more yogurt. The total between the two ingredients should be 3/4 of a cup.
- Smoothie bowls are best when freshly made though they will keep in the refrigerator for a day or two. Wait until just before serving to add the toppings.
- Some other flavors that go well with peach and would make good toppings include coconut, blackberries, cherries, dark chocolate and cinnamon.
things you may want for this recipe
High Power Blender – I still use an older blender but have supplemented it with a small individual serving one which is perfect for smoothies and smoothie bowls, but if you are in the market for a new blender definitely go with one that does double-duty!
Take your breakfast to the next level with this protein-packed Peach Smoothie Bowl!
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup non-fat or 1/% milk
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp granola
Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and no frozen fruit chunks are visible.
Pour into a bowl and top with blueberries, granola and almonds. Serve immediately.