These Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are nice weeknight dinner for two or an easy lunch during the post-holiday madness!
Besides being great comfort food, I always find meatloaf to be a good choice for a quick and easy weeknight meal. When you transform meatloaf into these lovely little meatloaf muffins you still get the quick and easy part, along with making them packable for lunch….and with a little creativity they make a fun option for a party appetizer too!
If eating a bit more on the healthy side is on your list of New Year’s resolutions – I know it’s on mine after all the holiday treats I’ve consumed – then these muffins are great to add to your list of tasty options. And in muffin form, they have built in portion control, at least in theory! Though I know I can manage to eat quite a few of them in one sitting!
For this meatloaf, I combined ground turkey breast and turkey thigh to give them a little extra flavor. Then I topped them with a sweet chili ketchup glaze for a fun little kick! They keep and travel well which makes them super versatile!!
When cooking ground poultry I always recommend using a meat thermometer to check that the meat is done. While the cooking time listed should ensure it’s the correct temperature, you really want to be sure it’s thoroughly cooked! To check the doneness of these, insert the thermometer in the middle of a muffin, being sure not to push it all the way down to touch the muffin pan. It should register 160 – 165°F.
If you are entertaining or have kids in the house, you can top the meatloaf muffins with some of these Parmesan Truffle Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes to make them into little “cupcakes” which will be a big hit with the kids, and are very fun for adults too!
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Yield 6 muffins
These Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are a nice weeknight dinner for two or an easy, packable lunch during the week!
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound ground turkey thigh
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray, being sure to coat each cup thoroughly.
- Place the turkey, onion, pepper, salt, oregano, garlic and worcestershire in a medium mixing bowl and mix until combined. Add egg and panko; continue to mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture among the 6 muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes, until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
- While the meatloaf muffins are cooking, combine the ketchup and sweet chili sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- When the muffins are done, remove from muffin cups and top each with the sweet chili glaze. Serve immediately.
If saving the meatloaf muffins for later, wait to top with the sweet chili glaze until ready to serve.
Courses dinner, lunch
Serving Size 3 muffins
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.